In no particular order, the following are 10 amazing places to get desserts in NC. The businesses mentioned in the article are being complimented as a result of their product.
This is NOT a sponsored post!
Go out and support one of these awesome businesses and devour some delicious treats!
1. Porter Farms: Pick some strawberries while you’re there, they’re delicious too! (Willow Springs Area)
2. NC State Campus: The yummy NC State ice cream brand is Howling Cow. It got so popular around Raleigh that they started selling it at Harris Teeter! (Raleigh Area)
3. Sunset Slush: Don’t let the little cinderblock building fool you, this place is anything but old news! (Garner Area)
4. Sunni Sky’s: Yes, the line is always out the door. Yes, the ice cream is worth the wait! (Willow Springs Area)
5. Smith Farm: Their Butter Pecan ice cream is to die for! You can pick up produce and ice cream all in one place. (Coats Area)
6. Gillis Hill Farm Ice Cream Shop: Calling all my fellow military families, this one is for you if you’re in NC! You might wanna pet the goats AFTER you eat. (Fayetteville Area)
6. Calabash Creamery: Options for ice cream and custom cakes here! Close to Myrtle Beach. (Calabash Area)
6. Simply Natural Creamery: Family owned and fresh from the farm. A perfect spot to get ice cream during exam week for ECU students. (Ayden Area)
9. Lazy Jacks Ice Cream Shack: Perfect for beach goers and Seahawk students!(Wilmington Area)
10. Krazy Kones: There aren’t any calories if you have to walk around the boardwalk to get your ice cream! (Carolina Beach Area)
Being a North Carolina native, I’ve had many years to explore all the best dessert spots across the state. My husband and I live in Georgia right now thanks to the military, but we can’t wait to move our family home and go on some more adventures!
Do you know of an incredible places to get dessert in North Carolina that isn’t on my list? I want to hear about every hole in the wall place that you’ve tried!
Be sure to let me know in the comments! Everyone loves to fill their sweet tooth, especially on vacation.