If you want to make yourself known, you have to brand your business! When you curate a professional brand in the startup stages you are well on your way to success.
In the age of this wild pandemic, more businesses are opting to move their services online. The issue with establishing an online presence? Standing out is imperative, but also hard to do!
Branding your business is all of the steps you take to establish a name, logo, color scheme, etc.
Think about McDonalds– when you see the golden arches you know exactly what corporation it represents!
Designers that assist with branding
Unless you’re a jack of all trades, you will more than likely be looking for multiple people to help you brand your business. In the beginning stages of establishing your company there are four main connections that are imperative for success.
The four professionals that you need in the beginning are graphic designers, website developers, content creators, and social media marketers.
Once you’ve taken the steps to decide on a company name, you need to find a graphic designer to help you with your logo. First and foremost, a successful logo is memorable. When you’re explaining to the graphic designer your vision, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does my logo need to be extremely complicated to be memorable, or is simple actually more?
- Will my logo be recognizable in color as well as black and white?
You need your logo to represent your brand across a number of platforms, so make sure you ask the graphic designer what all is included in their services.
- Will you provide this logo in a watermark?
- Will this logo be available in multiple sizes for social platforms such as Instagram profile pictures, Facebook banners, and product watermarks?
- Do you have references I can see?
- What is your turnaround time?
After your logo is created, your next point of interest should be your website. Website developers are gurus of the internet age, and they can easily assist you with building a website for your business. Here are a few questions to ask your web designer:
- How long will it take you to build the website?
- Can I see testimonials from previous clients?
- Does this package include monthly website updates?
- Do you require a backlink at the bottom of the website that says ‘created by’?
- How many site revisions will be done?
Your third connection on the road to a professionally branded business is a high quality content creator. High quality content is SEO friendly, eye pleasing, and relative to your company.
- How many content pieces are in your package?
- What is your standard turnaround time?
- Does your package include you posting the content?
If the content you’re seeking is blog posts, be sure to ask how the creator insures that the content is SEO friendly and how many keywords they include in their work.
Social Media Marketers
Social media marketers wrap the business up with a big red bow. They’re the ones that are going to take the content and distribute it across multiple people groups and social platforms to drive clients to your company.
- How will you drive organic traffic to my business?
- What social media platforms are you most comfortable working with?
- Do you have references from previous clients?
- What are your previous engagement rates for Instagram and Facebook?
Standing out from your competitors
If you are on a mission to stand out from your competition, then you have to brand your business across multiple social platforms. Your social media marketer will drive the traffic to you, but you have to make sure that your content is eye-catching and unique.
One way to truly stand out from your competition and establish your brand is by using a video producer. When you form a relationship with a video production company like Brunch Money you’re taking your business the extra step.
Video production is an art that is favored by multiple social platforms. Pinterest recently released an update that now gives video pins preference. Instagram has rolled out Reels in competition with Tiktok.. As you can see, videos are important!
Brunch Money is an Atlanta corporate video company that can help you stand out from your competitors. They showcase the work they’ve done for multiple previous clients on their portfolio, so you can see the high quality art that they deliver.
Taking the plunge to brand your business is both exciting and nerve wracking. On one hand you want to get started, but on the other hand you realize how much money you have to invest to begin.
Success is tough, but it is SO sweet. Take the plunge. Start the company. Live your dreams!
Be sure to subscribe to the newsletter, so you’re the first to know about new blogging resources!